Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
In the Baby Dream household this is how our Christmases went down this year. On Christmas Eve around noon we combined my Dad and little brother with DH's side of the family. Here are some pictures from this event:
Later on Christmas Eve around 4pm we packed up the vehicle full of all the yummy cookies I had been making, the cheesecake, and presents and headed out to my Aunt's house. There we enjoyed lots more family, good food, unwrapped Christmas ornaments from our annual ornament exchange, and then played board games in true family fashion. All this before leaving a little after 9pm to head home and put out cookies and milk for Santa. Here are pics from this gathering:
On Christmas morning was our third Christmas and that was just the 3 of us. Nice quiet and quaint. *B* opened his loot from Santa, we had sticky buns for breakfast, we cleaned up, and then got ready to head out to my Mom's for our fourth and final Christmas. Here is pics from our Christmas of 3:
Our fourth and final Christmas was at my Mom's. More food, more family. Pics from it:
Non-Cancerous Breast Conditions Reading
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
PS: If you would like the recipe for anything I mentioned just leave me a comment and I'll get it to you. Happy Holidays!!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
So, I went to the Dr and I'm back from, and I feel as if I have been punched in the gut. He did a breast exam on me after I explained to him everything that had been going on. He found two lumps that were hard and non-moveable in my left breast (the one that has been leaking), and I have swollen lymph nodes under my arms pits, in the fatty tissue hanging from my arms at my muscle, and on my neck. He started mentioning pituitary gland tumors, but made most talk of breast cancer and family history of it which I have. I asked specifically about a breast infection and a molar pregnancy after researching symptoms I have and coming up with these diagnoses and he said he wasn't ruling those out, but that wasn't what he was concentrating on as a big picture at this point as everything doesn't fit now that he's found other things (the swollen lymph nodes). He ordered a whole battery of bloodwork and a mammogram for me. I got my bloodwork done at the lab at the hospital already, and I'm just waiting for the scheduling manager from the hospital to call me back with an appt. time for the mammogram. I'm really scared. I'm always on DH's case to quit doing this or not to do that b/c his parents both died from cancer and now my Dr. is throwing that as a diagnosis at me. I can't believe this is happening, it feels like a nightmare and I can't wake up from it.
Monday, December 14, 2009
(PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR TMI FOR THE REST OF THIS ENTRY)
Then there was see spot, see spot go away, and come again the next day. Now there is AF which graciously arrived in all her glory last night, but is really lite and unusual for me. Amongst the weird that's been going on was my boobs were looking and feeling larger than life and really sore to the touch especially the nips. I've also been twingy/twitchy crampy versus the normal saw me in half cramps, and there has been no PMS that I normally have just headaches. So, then the weirdest of everything that's been going on was what happened this morning when I was starting a load of laundry.... my boobs were hurting just like they have been then all of a sudden the pain went away and the front of my shirt was wet. My boobs are leaking, like I'm lactating like when I had *B*. It's happened two more times since this morning too, and I'm not talking a little bit but like let down type of wet, and I haven't breastfed since *B* was 15days old.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Hm.well i could not live without my wonderful husband and my son.My husband for taking care of my while i am so very big and prego.lol.And my lovely son for putting a smile on my face every time i am having an emotional pregnant breakdown!But i shuld deff. win bcus i could sip on hot chocolate while i got the pink slippers on and be cozy on days i can't get outta bed!hehe!thanks for being there threw my pregnancy and bfor!Hope things look up for you at the first of the year!
December 8, 2009 9:23 PM
Brit has been a very good friend of mine for quite a few years despite our ups and downs, and I'm very happy she won. Any way, this is Brit and her happy little family that they are about to add 2 more (boy/girl twins) too in early January. Aren't they cute?:
CONGRATS Brit, I'll be getting ahold of you to claim your prize, and rub that baby belly for me.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
A Year of Slow Cooking
Monday, December 7, 2009
***Here Are The Rules In Order For Your Chances To Win!!***
- You **NO LONGER HAVE TO BE** be a follower of this blog unless you would like to be. If you're wondering how to do so, please scroll down and on the left hand side you'll see a button to click that says "Follow". Click it and follow the directions from there (you may need to set up a google account with your email address if need be). **(The reason for this is alot of people are either new to finding my blog and don't want to follow just yet or they're having problems figuring out how to do this, so I'm not making it mandatory to enter to win.)**
- You MUST leave a comment at the bottom of this entry by clicking on the "Comments" link, and then tell me something that you love or just can not live without this season for one chance to win. In this entry you MUST leave your e-mail address so I can get back to you IF you do not have a blog that I can link back to or I don't know any other means of getting ahold of you. You may make it non-search engine friendly if you'd like.
- For another chance to win you can post about my giveaway on your blog. If you do this, you MUST leave the link to the post about it in a separate comment saying that you have done so.
- For another chance to win you can snag this button below and post it in your side bar, (just copy and paste the code below the pic into an HTML/Java gadget in the Layout section of the Dashboard you can also do this for the post about this giveaway as well if you would like) and then leave another comment saying that you have done so. If you do this then you MUST leave a link to your blog in the comment if I can't link back to it.
- **BASICALLY JUST LEAVE A COMMENT SAYING YOU'D LIKE TO BE ENTERED AND TELL ME SOMETHING YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT FOR THE WINTER/CHRISTMAS SEASON AND MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IF I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET IN CONTACT WITH YOU AND *PRESTO!* YOU'RE ENTERED!! GOOD LUCK!!**
Contest ends at 7pm EST on Thursday, December 10, 2009. Winner will be drawn by random.org and e-mailed. You'll have 24hrs to get back to me with your mailing information, if you do not do so then I will continue to move on to the next person drawn until I have a winner with mailing information. Good Luck to you all, and please remember to follow the rules or your entry will be discarded. Happy Holidays!!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
So, any way I ended up having to do my food shopping for the meal the day before. I had to struggle through the crowds, but I got everything I needed to make a delicious and delightful meal... well everything except cherry pie filling which I ended up substituting to strawberry filling, but no big deal. I got home and I still had a semi-sick boy on my hands, but he was definitely doing alot better than just a few short days before hand when we did a rush trip to the ER at 2am, so I got to work on dinner prep. I made all my desserts, rolled out noodles, boiled chicken, made cucumber salad, put all the casseroles together and in the fridge, and around the stroke of 1am on the day of got my turkey dressed and put in the oven. DH even helped me in the kitchen when *B* went to bed which was simply incredible. Then finally I went to bed close to 2am exhausted and with throbbing feet.
On the day of H*attie, J*ordan, and H*unter showed up early, but it was no big deal we had already been up for about an hour. She came on in and acted like nothing had ever been said between us, and as if she had never done anything wrong. She still doesn't know if she's pregnant, but says she thinks she is as she's over a month late on her AF. Whatever. She did the same old same old that she's done every year since moving out.... sat on the couch and was lazy not offering to help out in the kitchen one bit, and *H* broke through his first 2 teeth and she didn't even want to take care of him really; she just let him cry and cry. (More on her bad parenting in another post... I'm trying to stay positive in this one and be thankful.. right?) So, any way, *H* is still so tiny but he's the tiniest little walker I've ever saw.... it was adorable!! However he was scared to death of us now (being as they haven't been here since *B*'s birthday party on July 5th) and pretty much fussed and shyed away from us the whole time. We ate dinner, everyone got stuffed, and everyone left for me to clean up the mess. (Maybe I should change the title of this entry? I'm sounding unthankful.)
After this we headed to my Grandma's where I figured things would be hugely overwhelming as my Mom's side of the family just seems to keep falling apart and not getting along. It ended up being a great time, except for my cousin's pregnant girlfriend going on and on about how fragile her belly was after wanting to pick up *B*, and him trying to climb her. That was really the only down side for me... I could of done without that. I loved filling my belly for a second time with different types of food there, and I loved sharing all the laughter and love. Just like all the holidays before this one, a tradition I hope to continue on in my own home with my own family in years to come.
So, now to what I'm thankful for:
- I'm extremely thankful to have such a loving, understanding, caring husband who is also an amazing father. He doesn't always make the wisest of decisions and they don't always please me, but he only has everyone's best interest at heart. And even though I wasn't getting along with his sister, he knew that I would of regretted her not being here had I decided to keep my heart of stone.
- I'm thankful for my son. B/c without him I wouldn't have anything to help me get through the day on some days. He filled the hole I had in my heart that infertility left there. He is the light of my life and by far the greatest blessing I could ever ask for.
- I'm thankful for family. Especially the fact that I got to see my little brother for the first time since Halloween'08, which was amazing. They may not always be supportive, and we may butt heads all the time, but I know that they care for me and are always there for me. They help make the holidays bright, and definitely keep the laughter alive when there are times that you just feeling like crying or feel like you're dying inside. They are what have give me the firm and steady foundation of the person that I am today.
- Last but not least I'm thankful for all the things that some people over look such as food, a home, my bills being paid, and all the material things that help make everyday living a little easier. And even though I sometimes think my health is really crappy and I hate my body... I'm even thankful for that.
PSS: For those of you checking back to see when I'm doing the Christmas Giveaway, I'm going to start it this coming Monday.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
For those of you haven't looked past the top post, please do. There is a place for you to become a follower of this blog on the left side bar. This is VERY important as I plan to do a Christmas giveaway later this week or early next week and it will be my very first giveaway and YOU MUST be a follower. On the right side bar if you're dealing with infertility there is a button that links you to a common thread that ladies and even men dealing with infertility wear as well as a link to
Last but not least if you would like to re-design your blog and you're having problems feel free to leave me a comment or email me at the email address I have listed in the right side bar, and I'll try to help you as much as I can. (FYI: I've made it non-engine search friendly and/or non-bot friendly so at is really "@" and dot is really ".", so on and so forth.) Much love to ya'll and I hope you're enjoying the new makeover as much as I am... Happy Holidays!!