Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Time Flies

How can it be that my baby is already half a year old? I swear it was just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant with him, and now he's six months old. WOW!!! How time flies.

Any way, his royal cheekiness is cuter than ever. He's already said "Mama", "Baba", "Ucky", and by rare coincidence last night "Dada". In each event it I thought it was just a fluke, but when he sees me I hear "Mama" over and over again. Melt my heart why don't you. When he's hungry or sees his bottle I hear "Baba". "Ucky" came from us telling him numerous time after sticking his toes in his mouth "That's ucky." So, now he does it, we say that, he pulls his toes out of his mouth grins and says "Ucky". I tell you he's such a ham anymore.

He's been doing the army crawl for some time now, but within the past week or so he gets up on his hands and knees rocks back and forth then belly flops. So, I don't think it will be much longer before he's crawling. He can also sit completely alone now for upwards of 5min if not longer. He can transition from a sitting position to a crawling position as well. Right now pretty much every where he wants to go he rolls there and just giggles and giggles about it.

We still don't have any teeth to speak of yet, but he's close. That doesn't stop him though from munching on anything I make available to him. He's a whooping 16lbs 14oz and 27in long. He went from the 50th percentile at 4mths to the 75th percentile now at 6mths. We had to switch formulas with him yet again as not only is he lactose intolerant, but he developed a soy allergy. So, he's now on protien based formula only (better known as: S*imilac A*limentum). He's eating 6-8oz at a time of that with a bit of cereal for thickening b/c of his reflux. He's doing wonders on baby food and cereal as well. Plus we've allowed him fresh fruit which he loves and the G*erber P*uff things, as well as the Z*wieback T*oast.

Lately we've been having issues with nap and bedtime with him. I'm sure it has to do with the past 2wks and DH's shift being different, but he just doesn't want to sleep. I'm lucky to get in one half hour nap for him a day (which is normally in my arms, b/c his eyes instantly pop open upon laying him in his crib during the day) and 8hrs at night. Of course by bedtime this makes for a very unhappy Mama and an even more unhappy baby. He fights sleep horribly, even with routine. I'm not sure what to do, but ride it out, b/c I've tried everything, so any help will be appreciated. Other than this minor blip in the day he's otherwise a very pleasant baby, and I'm lucky to be his mother.

He's done rather well with all his shots. Only things that have been of concern healthwise are of course the RSV/RVI, he's had the flu twice (both times within a week 12/23/07-12/25/07 and 1/1/08-1/3/08), the reflux, a couple ear infections, and the formula allergies. Otherwise he's healthy and thriving well. Knock on wood.

I love him so very much and couldn't imagine my world without him. He's truely my miracle and a blessing to our family. I love being a mother and I look forward to adding more children into the mix. In the meantime please enjoy some random cheekiness.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that last one with the hat is so cute! Actually, they're all so cute! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize that walker. I almost cried seeing it...brought back so many memories. What happened to the stuffed animals on it!!??

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.