Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Something New (About Me and My Family)

I've been journaling for so long (be it at home on paper or TLOL), it's almost hard to start something new. Any way, my name is Catrisha, and most of you know me as CatrishaT from other sites. I'm 24yo, and married to my amazing DH, Cody, who is also 24yo. We've been married since May 2002. In the years we've been together we've endured many obstacles that have made us stronger as individuals, a couple, and a family. The first thing that was a major pothole in our relationship was both my DH's parents passed away from cancer early in our relationship. After this happened we obtained custody of his little sister, who isn't really little any more. She's was 14 at the time, and now she's 19 and Miss Independent. Throughout those years of raising her we tried and tried for own, only to discover that there were infertility issues at hand. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism which both worked against us in our quest for a family of our own. We went through many fertility tests, procedures, treatments, moments of hope, tears, and a m/c. Then finally this time last year was the first day to a new beginning although we wouldn't know it for another month. I was pregnant yet again.

My pregnancy was filled with many emotions, complications, loss, and turmoil to say the least. Finally on June 28, 2007 I was admitted into the hospital to make my hopes and dreams through the years a reality. After testing the first day for toxemia, followed by three days of induction my son, B*rennen M*addox, finally made his presence into the world on July 1, 2007. He was perfect weighing in at 6lbs 9oz with a height of 20in and Apgar's of 8 and 9 respectively. He was all mine and the wave of emotions passed through me, and at the same time the weight of years of infertility and struggles were lifted from my chest.

His first few days at home were a struggle as he had jaundice very badly and we had to keep going back to the hospital for daily bloodwork. As time passed though he got over it, Mommy moved into depression and developed PPD. Three months and a few odd days have passed since his birth though, and I'm on a rollercoaster ride now that has more hills than I was ever on while dealing with infertility. I'm a first time Mommy to an infant that is all my own, and I find things to be trial and error at times, but I'm adapting and we're learning as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.