Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Patience....It's a Virtue

Not that I have any of that to spare anymore, but I desperately need more. I'm at my witts end tonite. I'm emotionally and physically drained. Brennen is developing his own personality and I'm sad to say it's one of those "I'm know I'm spoiled, so I'm the BOSS!!" ones. I'm trying desperately to teach him cause and effect, but at less than 4months old this is a chore. I know he's smarter than I think he is, though. Like if he's throwing a tantrum (which he does quite often) for no apparent reason, I'm like Brennen acting like that will get you no where, and he's starts to settle for like a VERY brief minute, but then goes right back to it again until he gets his way. Or he has this thing now where he throws himself back and flails his arms around and it's like he's trying to smack you in the face. When you say "No, no, Brennen that's not nice you hurt Mama or Dada." He thinks it's funny he'll look at you smile and do it again to see if he gets the same reaction. Now I wonder is 4months old to young to know what you're doing and is this just coincidence or does he know or is he learning right and wrong?

I'm slowly but surely losing my patience with this little one and his attitude, and I know I have to stay calm, b/c he can sense the difference in my moods, but I'm not sure how to break him of this, and I don't want to be one of those mothers being said "I told you so." to. I'm pretty sure he acts out this way, b/c instead of him molding to us, we're molding to him and his personality. It's hard though. I don't want to hear or see him cry, I want him happy ALWAYS, but then again I want him to know the difference between right and wrong so when he's old he doesn't act out any worse than he does now. Mr. 100% of my attention has to realize that there are things other than being in his eye contact during the day I need to get done without the fit he throws entailing that time. I guess I'm just going to have to get on my game plan and figure a way of breaking him form these bad habits before they get any worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.