Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Call Him...

As many of you have read in the the last entry about how I only have two local OB/GYNs to choose from this entry will be about the one that I have never seen. Please be adviced this is very near and dear to my heart and you may need tissues, or anger management after reading.

The OB/GYN that I used to go to has basically snubbed me. He sent me off to an RE before my son that I loved. I went through a chemical pregnancy with my first injectible cycle with that RE, and I had to wait for 3mths for my levels to come back down and AF to get back to normal. A week before that 3mths was to be up, I found out that I was pregnant with our son naturally. When I called the RE to be seen she told me that she could bring me in for an u/s to make sure everything was alright or release directly to my OB/GYN since I didn't get pregnant on any type of meds. Stupid me went directly to the OB/GYN, since I got pregnant naturally. While I was pregnant my RE left the practice, and my insurance changed meaning I would need another referral if I ever needed to go there again. Which brings me to present day when I did treatments at my OB/GYNs office with him and the other Dr that was in there that could/would prescribe injectibles to me. I did what was supposedly a soft stim low resistance cycle this past summer that paired oral and injectible meds and I experienced signs of OHSS, and the nurses that I always had to speak to told me it was in my head and there was no way I could be experiencing said symptoms. I finally demanded to see the Dr. and when I did he treated me like it was my fault that neither Dr. ever found out what was going on with me even though I called many times daily for 9days straight in severe pain. I ended up blowing up on him, his nurses, and even some sweet random woman in the waiting room that asked me if I was alright. Now, they won't release my patient files to me or give me a referral for my insurance, let alone see me.

On to the other OB/GYN in town the one I've never seen. There was a time that I wanted to see him. He sounded like my kind of Dr. I was just blind by the other OB/GYN so much that I never made an appt. My best friend raved about how excellent of a Dr. this one is. He has a private practice and the kind of bedside manner that you only see good doctors in movies exhibit. He cares about his patients, and has their best interest at heart. I never went to this Dr. I made an appt. once, b/c I was going to switch to him to be my OB when I was pregnant with *B* early on. I cancelled the appt. (b/c it was after what you're about to read happened). B/c now, that best-friend that I talked about she's dead. And I call this doctor..... Dr. Best-Friend Killer. You can read THIS entry from my first online journal that I wrote about what happened to my friend. I don't think I could ever see this Dr. If I by chance went into his office just to get my referral, that is the only thing I would have in my head the whole time. I'm usually good at holding my tongue, but in this instance I don't think that I could. She was my best-friend, like a sister to me, supposed to be my child/ren's Godmother; and he ended all that with one surgery. I know surgeries have risks, but seriously to this extent? I still have hatred and anger in me towards this man. I should say that after an autopsy was performed on her it was found that she was over sedated by anesthesia causing her to go blind (if she would of lived), her bowels had been perforated many times and leaked into her abdominal cavitity (she still could of lived from this, just would had to of wore a colostomy bag for the rest of her life, b/c by the time it was caught her bowels had died), and he had cut away a quarter of her uterus and not repaired it and knicked her ovaries several times which caused severe internal hemorrhaging (which caused her to bleed to death). This was supposed to be a simple endo and cyst removal as well as ablation surgery and LEEP for precancerous cell removal so that she could have another baby..... and now she's gone.

I know you're going to ask why he's still practicing? This is b/c not until 24hrs had passed after Sandra had left the hospital after this out-patient procedure was done did she start noticing something was more was wrong. She returned back to the hospital, where she was sent home by the ER Dr. being told these were all normal although severe symptoms from her surgery and sent her home. 8hrs more went by, and she lost her sight and called an ambulance. After an hour at the ER again she slipped into a coma and was transferred to a bigger hospital via life-flight. When her family contacted an attorney about what had happened and it went to trial it was ruled that if she would of sought medical treatment before that first 24hrs had passed, they would of been awarded money and he would of lost his medical license.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am speechless, which is such a rarity for me. I can only imagine how you feel losing your best friend in such a way, he should in no way still be practising.

    Big hugs

    ICLW
    #101
    http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is horrific. Ugh. As a nurse, this dang near breaks my heart.

    ICLW 29

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so sorry about your friend and extremely sorry you were unable to say goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so scary to hear stories like that. I am used to the frustrations with doctors and insurance, but the fact that doctors can make a mistake that kills someone...scary.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.