Monday, December 15, 2008

12 Days of Baking...

Feel free to share your's I have!!!

You've heard of the 12 days of Christmas, well in this house it usually is the 12 days of baking madness. I absolutely LOVE to bake, but I've been doing so good diet wise. I'm down 38lbs in 6mths. So, this year presents a new challenge, b/c Lord knows I love to lick the bowl after each goody I make...LOL. Every year since I've been on my own with DH and now *B* I've always been elected to do the family treat/goody nibbler platter with cookies, fudges, candies, and what-not. I swear I have to start 12 days before Christmas to get everything done so I'm not in a big rush. This year I was trying to think of things I could make that were no-bake/no or less fuss, just as tasty, and I could double up more than a couple things in one day without losing my mind. I've came up with a few that aren't going to be too time consuming and I think I'll be able to cut it down to 5-6 days. Thankfully the week of Christmas DH is on vacation so I'll be able to be in the kitchen doing what I need without little hands tugging on my apron strings...LOL.

But, I thought I would ask if anyone has any favorite sweet treat finger food recipes that they like to make this time of year or anytime of year really that they would like to share in my comments? If you have something no -bake, fat free or low-cal major plus, if not that's fine too...b/c I'm losing now if I gain I'll just re-lose it again. No worries. Happy Holidays. I'll share my fav recipe in my comments first.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing as I'm from Ohio and OSU's mascot is the Ohio State Buckeye...I'm going to share the recipe for Buckeyes with you.

    Buckeyes

    Yield: 3-5 dozen depending on ball size

    Ingredients:
    Candy balls:
    1 pound or 16 oz jar creamy peanut butter
    3 sticks butter, melted
    2 pound bag confectioners’ sugar (powdered)

    Dipping chocolate:
    4 tablespoons shortening or 1/8 bar paraffin wax (in baking aisle)
    12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
    Preparation Line baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
    In a medium-sized bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, and sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan and refrigerate.

    Melt shortening or wax and chocolate in the top pot of a double boiler over simmering (not boiling) water. When chocolate mixture is smooth, remove balls from refrigerator. Insert wooden toothpick into each ball and dip into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down and remove toothpick. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.

    ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.