Saturday, September 4, 2010

Love Dare- Day 7

Day 7: For todays dare, get 2 sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out the positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each. At some point in the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic. I Corinthians 13:7, Philippians 4:8

Today wasn't all that hard. I have a love/hate relationship with many characteristics that my DH has. So, there is a fine line and making the lists was fairly easy. Here are my lists...

Positives:
  • He's a hard worker and excellent provider for our family.
  • He's an amazing father in many areas.
  • He has a big heart and will do anything for anyone.
  • He's a wonderful lover when he puts effort into it.
  • He's a jack of all trades and can do just about anything handy that needs doing around the house.
  • He helps me out with house hold chores occasionally.
  • He's a great snuggler.
  • He's a great cook.
  • He's great at encouraging me and everyone else.
  • He's an awesome supporter in most everything I do.

Negatives:

  • He's not very good at listening when things are important.
  • He lacks patience and is short-tempered at times.
  • He's not romantic or spontaneous anymore.
  • He's jealous alot, and accusive.
  • He doesn't give credit to me where credit is due, and I rarely get a chance to have "me" time b/c he's got some lame reason.

The positive that I picked to make emphasis on was his snuggling and cooking skills. He made dinner tonight and it was excellent. I told him so, and that he was an incredible cook and that I loved when he cooked for us. Tonight I asked him to keep me warm b/c we went to the races as well, and my has fall came early. He put his arm around me, and pulled me close to him. I told him I loved being so close to him and in his arms, b/c it made feel safe and secure. Loved moments like tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.