Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wish It Wasn't This Fast

Everyday this adorable little boy is growing and it makes my heart swell, yet saddens me all at the same time. Time speeds by way to fast when you're a parent and unless you have the luxury of capturing all those special moments on camera or film you have to make the most of them and try to savor the time that you have as they are little. I know this as *B* is growing it seems leaps and bound and in super sonic speed time. Here's what's been going on with him that I can briefly tell you.... He's definitely a toddler (embracing the terrible 2's full on) and ALL boy. We have conversations and even arguments as he's 2 going on 20. I love every little thing about him and the fact that I was chosen to be HIS mother. I wish I were better here at keeping track of everything thing he does and all the changes that he goes through, but it's just not feasible. I would rather savor every moment and treasure those times than spend them writing about it on here. How ever I can document a few things, such as he has no longer fallen off the growth chart, he's now in the 75th percentile for his height at 38.5in and in the 45th percentile for his weight at 29.2lbs. He's in a 2T on most all clothing, but I'm afraid before winter's end he'll be needing a 3T for pants, he's just so dang tall. He's still yet to get in his 2nd year molars, but I can see the slits and tooth buds directly under the gums. He hasn't been sleeping the entire night in his bed since a week after his 2nd birthday, and while I don't complain when DH isn't here at night b/c of work it's beginning to become a hassle when he is here. There isn't enough room for all of us and we don't get good sleep thus making us all cranky the following day. He is getting better at it with not waking until around 5am to come to our room to snuggle in bed, so we're making progress and we'll get there. He's been doing great with potty training. I can't tell you the last time that he pooped in his pull-up or underwear it's been so long. We still have our accidents peeing during the day, and he was getting to where he didn't want to go on the potty at all b/c we were making him sit to do it. Today for the first time he peed every time no accidents standing up with decent aim and I'm sooooo proud!!! I love this little boy more than life itself. He astounds me at his changes as he grows. He's my snuggle bug and my soft hearted little man, and I'm beyond grateful he's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.