Monday, August 30, 2010

Love Dare- Day 2

Day 2: In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness. Ephesians 4:32, Proverbs 3:3-4, Proverbs 31:26, Proverbs 19:22

Today was an easy day. Or at least easy to me. DH works the 7p-7a shift, so he didn't get out of bed until almost 3pm today. He had to leave at 6:15pm. Not many hours to fight if we were going to, which we didn't. I often find that days that he works are so much better than the weekends that he's home. Sometimes I used to tell him on the weekends to "Go back to work, I can't stand you being home anymore." Now, I'm vowing not to do that and to savor every moment with him if I can. I just hope he realizes how much I love him, and how much he means to me.

He aggravated me again today. He just does these small annoying things like tapping continuously even when I've asked him nicely to quit, or calling my name over and over again even when I've asked him what he needs, or even this loud irritating hysterical laugh that sounds like a clown (you'd have to hear it to know what I'm talking about). These are the things I talk about when I say he's aggravating me. I swear he knows I'm doing this challenge, and wants me to go off the deep end on him just so that he can tell me I failed. I don't plan on failing. I didn't lose my cool. The unexpected thing that I did for him that I don't usually do is I packed his lunch bucket for work. This might sound like I'm a lazy wife b/c I don't do all the time, but I don't b/c he has OCD about how things are in his lunchbox. I'm serious. Everything has to be in the perfect position, and he always takes a variation of the same things. I've been watching him pack his bucket long enough that I could do it for him, even though he just goes behind me and takes the stuff out and reorganizes it. Today though I made sure everything was right, the only thing that wasn't was a snack pack of Oreos... the label was facing down, he has it facing up. Otherwise, he was thankful that I packed his lunch for him. I'm going to start doing it everyday now I think... at least if I can handle his critiquing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.