Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Finding the Words

There are so many times when I'll be out and about doing something that I could pop off an entry like it weren't nothing, but when I actually have the time to sit and write one I can never think of anything worth making note of. So many things seem to be going on in this house that I could probably write a novel about, but when I actually grasp hold of the concept of writing about them they seem petty. So, with that being said I thought I would drop in and let you all know that things are going fine here with an update of sorts.

The cold that *B* had for what seemed like FOREVER is GONE!!! Woo-hoo! I finally convinced his pedi. to refer us to an imm*unologist/aller*gist and that Dr. right from the beginning of the appt. said allergies. I didn't want to believe that this is what it could be so after much persuading on their part they convinced me to let them do an allergen scratch test on his skin. Sure enough he came back positive for tree pollen, grass pollen, mold, dust, and dander. So, he now has to take Zyr*tec syrup twice a daily on high pollen count days, and once a day the rest of the time until he's 2 and can get weekly allergy shots; as well as an albu*terol breathing treatment as needed. It happens to be a pain in my butt having to do this, but since it makes him better I'm dealing with it. If any of you have tips on getting him to take the meds without him spitting them out or clenching his jaw shut or anything like that I would appreciate your input on it? Oh, and it can't be mixed the Dr. said so that is out of the question.

As, for me I have strep throat. I woke up Mother's Day with a sore throat and fever. While my day ended up being alright despite not feeling well, late that evening after getting the Monster to bed I ended up in the ER, b/c I felt as if I was going to choke to death on my saliva b/c my tonsils were so swollen. I was right too, there was only a fingertip of passageway between each tonsil. So, I got an antibiotic shot in the hip and am on a 10 day one as well. Also, it looks like I'll be getting my tonsils and adenoids out at 25. Never thought that would happen, so I'm scared to death. I have an appt. with the E*N*T Dr. the day after Memorial Day. I'll keep you posted.

Otherwise in the land of Baby Dreams things are mildly rough. DH and I have been at each other's throats. I'm not sure why, it's just been general nit-picking that escalates into full blown brawls. Maybe it's the weather or something in the air, who knows? I know we've both made our mistakes in the past and neither of us around proud of these things, but for some reason they are being brought up in conversation at the most inconvenient of times. I know AF is due to arrive within the week, and we have talked about and decided on C*lomid again as a starting off point. Maybe it's the stress of having to do fertility treatments again getting to him. I just wish he would open up and let me in talk to me about what is bothering him instead of fighting with me about the other. Hopefully once we get started it will be different (if we even get started; yes I have my doubts about doing this again, but not about another child just about how things will turn out, how they will work and putting myself through the pain of it all again). I need a prayer and a blessing I guess, so if you can spare one please do. Otherwise I'll keep you posted as things progress.


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. I really hope things will get better for you. You are such a great mother and friend.


I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.