Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sickies Suck

This year has been horrible for sickies. I'm such a germ-a-phobe that maybe I'm overly cautious and that is causing the Monster to be sick consistantly this year. We are still dealing with this same cold that he started with that landed him with ruptured eardrums. It's going on a month. He started it with it the day after Easter and we're less than a week from that date in time. I've wiped everything down with bleach wipes and steamy bleach water. He's been on 3 different anti-biotics back-to-back. We're consistantly hand-washing as to kill off the germs to the point that our hands are getting raw, and yet we're STILL battling this. I'm at my wits end. The weather keeps bouncing around from warm and sunny to cold and wet, so I'm sure that doesn't help. My poor boy just wants to go outside when it's nice, and I have horrible cabin fever so I know he does too. I've let him out over this past weekend, but he lasted all of 15min and wanted to come in for a "nite-nite Mommy". I feel like I'm in a losing battle with this, and his pedi said he's developed what she thinks is an anti-biotic resistance....so long story short he's left to fight this on his own I'm assuming. Oh and don't get me started on the H1*N1 virus and how I want him tested for that as I have an aunt who came back from Ca*bo S*an Lu*cas, Mex*ico a week before Easter whom he was around on that day, and has been sick with a respiratory illness with vomitting ever since....and not a Dr. one has had the common sense to test him for it. I'm irritated. Every Dr. I've mentioned this to has shrugged it possibly being that off. They can test him for everything else under the sun that he's been vaccinated (pert*ussis, vari*cella, and mene*gitis) for but not something that is effecting hundreds of thousands of people globally. ARGH. ARGH. ARGH! I just want my baby better already damnit. Is that to much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.