Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It Comes in Three

The sickies in this household that is. Just when I thought *B* was starting to get better he stopped eating, and started just letting the drool and everything else run out of his mouth. The fever returned Sunday night into Monday. His Dr's office was closed in observance of M*LK Day, so I called today and they were booked. I wasn't fooling around, b/c I had been able to get his fever to break in 12 hours. I took him to the ER. The verdict....RSV still, ear infection STILL, and now strep throat. The bad part he was done with his anti-biotics too and it went never away. Poor little guy. I've had to have him sleep propped up on pillows for two days now. He's barely ate anythign today, but that is to be expected as the ER Dr. said his tonsils are so enlarged that swallowing is a chore for him, and to watch his breathing. Way to make a mother worry. This Dr. put him on a stronger 10day anti-biotic and a cough suppressant. He also told me to increase his liquids. How do you get a baby that won't even swallow his own spit to drink liquids? Come on now... I mean I'm up for a challenge and I'll abide, but this is going to be hard.

As for the rest of the house. DH is healthy as a horse (knock on wood). I am however sick. Not that I didn't expect it from 24/7 caring for a sick child pretty much single handedly by myself. I have strep throat too, and an ear infection. So, when it rains it pours. I got a shot in the hip, am on the Z-pack, and cough syrup. I hope to feel better soon so that I can get back to taking care of my baby at 100% of myself. Now I'm off to lay on the couch and watch AI:8 that I recorded tonite.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you both weren't feeling well. Hopefully the sickies are gone by now.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.