Friday, December 28, 2007

It Came and It Went

Well, Christmas is over. My baby's first BIG holiday event. We all got the flu for Christmas....yip-peee, huh??? And, of course *B* got boat loads of toys and clothes. For DH you'd think that the holiday couldn't be over fast enough. He took down the tree freaking Christmas night. I must say though, I'm happy to see it go. I never did get into the holiday spirit this year, even though I should have, since it was the first one being a Mama. For some reason I just couldn't find it in me, so I continued on with my Scroogie self, and tried to put on a happy face for those around me. Hopefully next year will be better.

On another aspect of Christmas..... I missed my best-friend SO VERY MUCH!! I went to her grave and had a good old cry. (Not sure if it's depression from going off the happy pills from PPD, hormones, or as combo of both, but I needed that cry.) I can't believe that she's been gone for a year. It's so hard to believe and it always seems like God takes the angels that walk among the Earth first. Never-the-less she was on my mind on Christmas Day as she always is, and even closer to my heart. Hopefully someday we'll see each other again at Heaven's door, but until that day, I'll silently whisper a prayer to her, fake a smile, and shed some tears as each year passes and the time draws more near.

So, with that all being said, I'm glad that Christmas this year is over in one quick swoop. The flu is gone and we're now focusing on what 2008 has instore for us. I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and an even more amazing New Year!!! Hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.