Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

This Mother's Day was a GREAT one. There have been so many Mother's Days in the past that I've bawled my eyes out, even with having the blessing of my little man. There's no rhyme or reason to why I would cry... I just would. This year I didn't even focus on any heartache or heartbreak that has been gong on in my life. Instead I focused on the positive, and made the very best of my day.

It began with DH and *B* letting me sleep in VERY late. When I say very late I'm talking until noon which was a much needed and very pleasant surprise. I awoke to these gorgeous flowers and gushing cards from my two favorite men, as well as tons of hugs, kisses and snuggles.
I got to leasurely get ready and then we headed out to go shopping where I picked out a new purse, a pair of pjs, and some fingernail polish for my Mother's Day gifts b/c DH didn't know what I wanted or what to get me. After that we came home for awhile for some family time, before heading out to dinner at a local Italian restaurant called The Yard. After dinner *B* wanted some ice cream, so to the hand-dipped ice cream shop we went.

Finally, we headed home where DH and I doubled up on bathtime for the Monster where he broke into his new tubtime paints, and we laughed and giggled at his gooey soapy painted body. Then we all settled onto the couch, put in a movie and snuggled up together until *B* fell asleep. The perfect ending to a perfect Mother's Day for my history books. Hope that ya'll had a GREAT Mother's Day as well!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day! I also tried focusing on the positives.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.