Tuesday, April 7, 2009

B*rennen-isms

For awhile now I've been wanting to document all the things that *B* is doing. I just never find the time to do it. I'll start an entry and not get a chance to finish it, then I'll write other things on my mind and then come back to that entry and so much has changed I feel the need to re-start it. So, he's sleeping....I'm putting fingers to keys and away we go......LOL!

Potty training is going steadily. He's pooped everyday since beginning in the potty!!! I'm so proud of my boy. Peeing well that's to be reckoned with. When we began, the potty we started with started pinching his butt where the cup was (we're sitting him to pee in case you're wondering) and he started to get really sore on his butt. So, he didn't want to pee in there anymore only poop (after about day 5 or 6). Instead he would say "pee" sit on the potty pull-up still up or "unnahs" up and pee. So, I slacked back for a couple of days applied medicine to his sore butt, and let him go at his own will. Plus, during that time we got a new potty chair that has a padded seat on top the removable cup. For 3 days now, we're back to full-blown potty training with NO accidents!!! WOOT!!!

*B* is going through a growth spurt here now too. He was always right in sync his age with the size of clothing he was in until 9mths, then he jumped to 12mth clothing. At a year old he was in between 12 and 18mth sizes. Since he was 15mths he's been at 18mths until now. Now he needs 24mths for the length in pants but in the waist they are WAY TO BIG, and 24mth size shirts. Also, he eats!!! For months he only ate enough to keep a bird alive, now he eats from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed. I'm not talking grazing type eating either, but decent sized portions. He loves most all types of foods except certain pork products. Since the time he was 6mths old he has been on lactose-free dairy products except for the occasional times of trying to introduce it to him to see how he does here and there per his pedi's wishes; so he drinks La*ctaid milk, however within the last month or so he's started eating ALOT more regular dairy based products but he still can't drink regular milk. Weird I know. DH is lactose intolerant though, and is the same way.

As far as words go....*B* is smart!! He amazes me everyday, b/c I know his vocab expands at least 2-5 words daily. He says the following in correct reference to the object/person:
pee, poop, pig, dog, ish (fish), skyy (his dog), cat, kiki (kitty- what we call our cat), hung (hungry), choo-choo (train), hello, hi, buh-bye, bite, night-night, eat, dink (drink), cup, up, down, cah-cung (this is car but not sure why...lol), dah-dunt (and this is truck and not sure why either lol), sit, no (my least favorite word doubled with the next one), why?, bap (bath), mom-meeee, dad-deeeee, baby, num-nums (for candy M*&Ms), unnahs (underwears), chair, Blu (for his auntie), H*attie, JoJo(J*ordan), Mam-maw, Pap-paw, coco (cookie), crackey (cracker), loap (soap), wa-wee (washrag), wawa (water), nahnana (banana), gapes (grapes), cheese, milk, nail, diego (for go diego go), bob-bob (for spongebob), (he can point to and say correctly in perfect context the following body parts as well) hair, eye, ear, nose, mouth, arm, hand, leg, cheek, lip, teeth, pee-pee, foot, nail, toe (which he also calls uckies b/c we do), and knee
Those are just the main ones I can think of, but I know there is so much more he says. He's starting to say 3-4 words together in a sentence type deal as.

He loves to talk on the phone just like his Mama. He's had his hair cut 3 times so far, and is need of a 4th cut. His laughs are infectious. He a total cuddle bug when he wants to be, but mostly plays quietly by himself or is climbing and being rambunctious all over DH or myself. He's a great sleeper from 9pm-9am, and 2hr nap mid-afternoon (insert a knock on wood here b/c I don't want to jinx this). He has a mouth full of teeth all except his 4 I- teeth. He helps undress and dress himself. He's a water baby for sure, and cries when it's time to be out of the bathtub. Everyday I find a little piece of his babyness fading away into a toddler. He's growing leaps and bounds all the time, and it saddens me.....however he'll ALWAYS be my baby. At 21mths old though these are just a few of the high points I want to jot down and be able to look back on and treasure, for being his mother is by far my greatest accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.