Wednesday, April 9, 2008

9 Month Well Baby

It's a little delayed, but considering I've had alot going on it's to be expected. *B* had his check up on April 2nd. I have a chunk on my hands. He's in the 80th percentile over all. He's a whooping 22lbs 8oz, and 30in tall. The pedi. said actually he's the size of a 1yr old. I already knew that b/c he's in 12month and some 18month sized clothing, I just can not wrap my mind around the concept of that yet. My baby is no longer a (sniffle, sniffle) baby.....wahhhhhhhhhh!!!

He's doing so many things. His vocab is increasing. He says Mama, Dada, Baba, Nigh (he says this when I tell him it's nite-nite time), Buh-Buh (bye bye I think, b/c he does it when waving), uhhh-keeehh (ucky referring to his toes and feet and dirty diapers), umm-umms (solid foods), and muwah (when I give him kisses and tell him I love him). Most things are in perfect context to what we are doing to him, but I know he's just repeating what he hears us say to him except for Mama, Dada, and Baba.

Poor boy still only has 1 tooth. Although he has 5 more trying to come in at one time. He's only getting 4 bottles a day and the rest is soft solid food or baby food. The pedi. has also wanted us to try to start incorporating milk products into his daily menu as well. So, we have started, it's just not going to well. He is good with milk product as he's on Similac Sensetive formula (milk-based lactose-free), he just has problems digesting the lactose. He's like his Daddy on that, b/c DH is the same way. We're trying little by little, but for starting out things aren't going well. Last night was a sleepless nite to say the least, b/c of a upset tummy little one.

He's down to only 1 nap a day, but it's at least 2 hours long if not longer instead of power cat naps and in his bed not in our arms any more. Thank God for that accomplishment. He gets at least 10-12 hours of sleep at nite.

He loves to be outdoors. We've been enjoying the warm weather and sunshine the past 4days. It's such a welcomed change from the cold and snow. He also loves this new push and ride car we got him. I can't keep the boy out of it. He just grins ear to ear and giggles this giggle that comes from his toes up. Too cute.

He's crawling, pulling up, and cruising. I thought I had my house baby-proofed....I think that you under estimate yourself when you think this. Any curious 9 month old is going to find something to get into that you thought was out of reach and in baby-proofing matter. Every day there is something he's found and put in his mouth, pulled down from somewhere, or knocked over (like my cup of water I always have on the end table daily...I've resorted to a water bottle so it doesn't get spilled anymore). I'm sure there is so much more that I'm forgetting, but I've gotten the specifics down and that is what matters.

I love him more than words can describe. He's a piece of me and a piece of DH all wrapped into one. My baby, my chubster, my little cheeky-monster. My little *B*.

1 comment:

  1. What a handsome 9-month old you have!! I can't believe he is that old already! (HUGS) Jess :-) (Jelly Bean)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE Comments, they're the new HUG... so feel free to leave me one!! :) And PLEASE don't forget to check back for responses to your questions/comments as well.